Vision Buddy TV with Amazon Firestick
Product DetailsIn this section
A wearable device, designed for people with low vision. The Vision Buddy is the world's first all-in-one assistive device allowing people with low vision to perform day to day tasks. It has three core functions: watching TV, use the computer or play video games and magnification with text-to-speech capabilities. This wearable device empowers people with low vision bring their lives into focus, by allowing them to restore or maintain their independence.
- Three viewing modes - magnification, TV and reading.
- Computer Link for using your computer or tablet to browse the internet and computer gaming.
- 16-megapixel camera with autofocusing.
- Up to 10x magnification range.
- 101 degrees field of view.
- Text-to-speech capabilities.
- Internal battery with 2.5 hours of use and 2 hours to fully charge.
- External battery with an additional 6 hours of use.
- 12metres TV Hub transmission radius.
- Display - 4K (3840 x 12160) resolution and 75 Hx refresh rate
- Bluetooth (4.2) and Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) capabilities.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Works with anything that outputs over HDMI
- Enables low vision user to complete reading and everyday tasks including leisure activities with greater ease and allows them to regain or maintain their independence. Examples include cleaning, gardening, food preparation and cooking, playing cards or board games, complete a form or crossword puzzles, play an instrument, arts and craft, painting, reading documents.
- TV Hub allows the user to stream their favourite TV program into the headset, which makes the viewing experience more enjoyable. Zoom in on details like captions and sport scores and pan around the cinema-style view by turning your head. Watch your favourite shows with family and friends, or watch alone in bed.
- Computer Link feature enables the user to connect their Vision Buddy to a computer or tablet for a cinema-style view, which makes using the device easier to see and operate. Play games with your peers with zero lag/latency, making this a more enjoyable experience.
- OCR (text-to-speech) capabilities; if you experience any eye strain or visual fatigue, when reading, then use this feature to have any printed text read aloud to you.
- Wi-Fi connection is required to use the TV watching feature
- Everyone's vision is different therefore an assessment/trial is recommended to determine if this is the right product for you
- Sighted assistance may be required with set-up/installation
- You should not walk around nor should you drive when using the Vision Buddy
- Do not leave your Vision Buddy headset facing up in any direct light as this will damage the lens, which will not be covered under warranty
The Vision Buddy can be an ideal solution for people with low vision that want to watch TV or play video games, and their vision ranges from 6/60 to count fingers at 3 metres. This means you are able to distinguish objects and not just light and shadows. This revolutionary device has helped people all over the world with various eye conditions such as Age-related Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, and Retinitis Pigmentosa to regain independence.
SpecificationBack to product details
More product information
Powered (No / Battery / Electrical)Battery
Returnable (Yes / No)No
Training recommended (Yes / No)Yes
In the boxBack to product details
1x Vision Buddy Headset
1x Computer Link
1x TV Hub
1x User Guide
1x Amazon Firestick
Accessories: charging cables, HDMI cables, external battery, carrying case