Big Visions Book Bundle
Product DetailsIn this section
Available only while stocks last.
While stocks last! A series of three biographies written by Vision Australia, all with successful Australian’s living with blindness or low vision at their heart.
Each book in the series celebrates an Australian role model who is an inspiration to those reading the stories. The stories allow their readers to know that through hard work and resilience, you can follow your dreams and achieve your life goals.
Matt Formston - Surfing in the Dark
Matt Formston always dreamed of becoming a professional surfer. But by the time he was five years old, he was almost completely blind. Matt never let that stop him. Now he is a record-holding cycling Paralympian and world champion surfer. Discover how being vision impaired has made Matt who he is today.
Craig Shanahan - Cooking up a Storm
Craig Shanahan always dreamed of being a chef. But after two operations on his eyes, he was almost completely blind. Craig didn’t let that stop him from following his dreams. Now, Craig is the owner of his own café. Discover how being vision impaired has made Craig an inspiring role model for all Australia.
Nikki Hind - Dressed for Success
Meet Nikki Hind, the blind fashion designer with her own fashion label. Nikki had always dreamed of becoming a fashion designer. When she was growing up, Nikki couldn't see out of her left eye and later in life a stroke took away almost all of her vision. Nikki didn’t let that stop her. Now, she is the proud owner of Blind Grit, her own fashion label that employs people with disabilities and challenges.
- Features an Australian hero
- Champions resilience
- Encourages inclusion
- Shows Innovation
- Has literary credibility
- The braille in this book is printed using UV printing. If you would like an embossed copy to complement your purchase please email [email protected].
- Each story is inspiring and are intended to prompt conversation about what it means to preserve and to help reader develop social and emotional literacy skills
- These books are about every child seeing him or herself in the story and consequently imagining what is possible
- Each book is printed with Braille alongside printed text, which will prompt teachers and parents/carers to talk to about the different ways we can read and learn
- These books are written by a CBCA award-winning author who conducted interviews with each of the biography subjects
Big Visions is a book series, aimed at children who are blind or have low vision. Each book features an Australian hero, who champions resilience and encourages inclusion. These books aim to inspire a child to live the life they choose, by dispelling the misconceptions and expectation placed on them by society.
- Also available in other alternative formats: audio and electronic
- Extent 40pp text (self-ends)
- Matt Formston Surfing in the Dark
Publishing month March 2023
- Craig Shanahan - Cooking up a Storm
Publishing month - June 2023
- Nikki Hind - Dressed for Success
Publishing month September 2023
SpecificationBack to product details
More product information
Powered (No / Battery / Electrical)No
Returnable (Yes / No)No
Training recommended (Yes / No)No
In the boxBack to product details
3x Big Visions Books